Friday, October 26, 2007

Neutral Colors

Last night, I was in line to get a burrito at El Rancho. The guy behind me awkwardly and loudly gruffs: "Hey, you going out tonight?" I spun around, shocked and a little scared, before realizing that he was just trying to talk me up. He invited me to MoJos that night, where he was going to see some funk bands. After all, he told me, he didn't have a job in St Louis, so me may as well drink in Columbia, where he can walk home. He showed me the outfit he'd just bought at the mall and asked if I liked them. He wanted to make sure I liked his "neutral colors." What the fuck.

Later last night, I went to buy a pitcher for me and a couple friends. After I shelled out the money for it, a guy walked up offering to buy my pitcher of Killiens. I corrected him, telling him it was Fat Tire. His face fell, he grunted, and he walked away. Very weird. Why can't he just leave me alone?

No comments: